Privacy and Cookies Policy
Beverley Hills Jewellers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Beverley Hills Jewellers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/05/2018.
For the purpose of the Data Protection laws, the data controller is Beverley Hills Jewellers Ltd, address: 108 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8LY.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Details of purchases you have made from our stores where the item is covered by our warranty
• Information relating to the value of the purchases for insurance purposes
• Other information relevant to events and special offers tailored to you
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• We may notify you when your annual jewellery service is due to enable you book an appointment in one of our stores
• We may use the information you provide to improve our services
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
2. About cookies
2.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
2.2 Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
2.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
2.4 Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
3. Our cookies
3.1 We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
3.2 The names of the cookie that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
(a) we use PHPSESSID on our website to recognise a computer when a user visits the website
4. Analytics cookies
4.1 We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
4.2 Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
4.3 The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names: [_utma, _utmb, _utmc and _utmz]
4.4 The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
5. Blocking cookies
5.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
(b) in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
(c) in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
5.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
6. Deleting cookies
6.1 You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
(b) in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history", clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
(c) in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
6.2 Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
7. Our details
7.1 This website is owned and operated by Beverley Hills Jewellers Ltd.
7.2 Our principal place of business is at 108 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8LY.
7.3 You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 020 7405 4847.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact Beverley Hills Jewellers. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.